Welcome to another 5-minute tech tip ... fast and easy tech tips for businesses that make your life easier. Really.
Of all the programs you use on your computer, I pretty much guarantee that most of you use your web browser the most. From research to email and social media to cloud programs, backup, storage and more, your web browser gets a work ot during the day.
We all know that good things and not-so-good things can happen when you are browsing the net. From ransomeware to viruses it can be a scary place and it can also be a window into your computer activity.
Step one - use a secure browser.
In case you didn't know, we recommend all our clients use Google Chrome. Other than the fact that Chrome is just awesome ... its amazingly secure and that's good for business.
Check your Google Chrome Security in 4 easy steps:
Google Chrome automatically updates to the latest version every time you start it up, so you can get the most up-to-date security protection without any extra work.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the 3 bars and go to >> Settings.
- At the bottom of the page, click Show advanced settings.
- Under "Privacy," adjust your settings:
- To manage how Chrome handles content and permissions for a site, click Content settings.
- To delete information from your browsing activity, such as history, cookies, or saved passwords, click Clear browsing data.
- Uncheck any of the privacy settings boxes you don't want anymore like Autofill passwords and forms.
Congratulations, you've just given your browser a clean bill of health!